Vivez Bien * Live Well

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Village vignettes

Thank-you for all your lovely comments after my last post. You shouldn't have encouraged me because now I feel compelled to show you a few more pictures taken in and around the beautiful village where we spent the weekend.

The lovely entrance to Kloovenberg Wine and Olive farm

This feels just like France with the cypresses, lavender and vineyards



This attractive entrance is to a shop selling olive products

Another beautiful entrance



Pretty little Georgian style house in the village


I love this row of potted olive trees
Stunning chandelier and stone wall

I want one of these garden clocks

These cypresses are so reminiscent of  Provence or Tuscany

A  sweeping avenue of plane trees underplanted with ivy

I hope you enjoyed and I promise I won't subject you to any more sightseeing for a while!

Till next time


Sharon x

8 comments:

  1. What a treat! Looks like an incredibley beautiful place. How wonderful to stay there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous gorgeous pics! i would love to have some of those doors!
    i couldn't agree more! that clock is just so pretty! i would love to have one too!
    hugs,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, show us more! I love seeing these beautiful places and can only fantasize about someday seeing them in person. Keep the photos coming-I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, What fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sharon thank you for sharing!! How beautiful and yes just like France!!
    You live in a wonderful place and i envy that hot weather!!!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are stunning photos - keep them coming I say! Thanks for popping over yesterday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing place...
    I love the huge clock ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon you always take us on the most beautiful tours, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete