Vivez Bien * Live Well

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Linen Love

My dear blog friend, Colette, from the beautiful blog La Brocanteuse, had a bad fall recently and broke her leg and her foot. She has to recuperate with her leg elevated for 8 weeks, which must be so frustrating for her! If you follow her blog, you will know that she is the queen of beautiful old French linen. It is not only her business, it is her passion and she is hugely knowledgeable about the subject. In fact the very magazine I referred to in my previous post, the August issue of House and Leisure, includes an interview with Colette on vintage linen! I thought, to cheer her up, I would find some pictures of beautiful linen, some old, some new, but all lovely. Get well soon, Colette!


Via here

Via here


Via here

Via here

Source unknown

Source unknown

Via here

Via pinterest

Via here

Via here

Via tumblr


Via here

Via here

Via here

Via here


Via here


Via here


Via here


Via here


Via here

 
Via here

Wishing you all a wonderful week.

Till next time

Sharon x

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful collection Sharon. I wanted to stroke the computer screen. There is something about fabric that makes you want to touch it?
    Best wishes to Colette.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Colette and I love her blog!
    She has fantastic linen ...
    Wonderful collection.
    Bisou, Babi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no poor Colette. I wish her all her the best. She does have the best collection of French linens ever.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way, Sharon swing by we are having a wonderful giveaway @ ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous images. So sorry to hear about Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking what a gorgeous collection and then I saw my bed!! Hoping Colette recovers well and quickly, can't be much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection of linens. We love monogrammed old linens. Wishing Colette a speedy recovery!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Sharon,
    What a lovely surprise...I found your post and appreciate your very kind comments so much! I am lying here on my back ,leg up high and trying to figure out my new iPad that hubby very generously stowed upon me...I can hold it with one hand and type away!I am not technical and still trying to figure how to post from it adding images etc... thank you to the kind bloggers for their well wishes!will be back soon,much love Colettex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful selection! Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm off to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divine images Sharon! A thoughful collection for a friend!
    best wishes Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon,
    You have such a beautiful blog, I love the images that you share with us.
    I am sorry to hear about Colette, hopefully the eight weeks will go by quickly for her.
    Today's images are fabulous, I love old linens and new one too, for that matter. Linen is such a lovely natural fabric.
    Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by to say hello at my blog.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon!
    So excited to find your through Nita's blog.
    Love the pics she posted of your gorgeous home.
    Looking forward to seeing your past blog posts too.

    Your newest follower,
    Alison
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautivul linens.. running over to check out the blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a nice post. It reminds me of some linens my Slovenian grandmother brought with her to America. She crocheted and sometimes she would find a beautiful piece of linen and crochet a pretty border around it. Lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete