Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Winning Window Seats


There is something about a window seat that conjures up images of lazy afternoons, good books, sitting doing nothing except gazing at the view, perhaps a nap in the sun, or curled up with a blanket while rain beats against the window. It sort of gives you permission to be a couch potato without actually being a couch potato!




I love the symmetry and the neutral colours.





Adds interest to a small window.



Pretty and feminine.



So inviting!




I love this idea for a beach house.


Lovely shades of grey. I might even start knitting too if I had a spot like this.


Works so well in a kitchen - a space for a friendly chat and cup of tea.



A clever way of accommodating a number of people in a small space.






This is not really a window seat, but a bed placed in the window alcove works just as well. 






What a lovely spot to recline.


Till next time

Sharon x


Image source: 1. Pinterest 2. Interior Styles and Design 3. Simplypix 4. Minha vida de Campo 5 Dying of cute 6. Casa Decorada 7., 8, 9. Tumblr 10. space Plan Studio  11. Stephen Saint  12. Pinterest 13. Nine and Sixteen Blog 14. Matters of Style 15. Salome Gunther 16. Pinterest 17. Houzz 18. Classic Chic Home 19. Josie Hemingway  20. Dying of Cute 21. Casa Decorada

12 comments:

  1. Love these little cozy window seats and could use one in our home for snow days like today. But since we don't have one I'll have to stay with being a couch potato.

    Happy Valentine's Day and enjoy your week Sharon!
    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I so want a window seat. These were lovely photos but the 8th photo has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely examples of window seats! We had a couple (with storage underneath) at our old home.
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! I have a small one in the kitchen <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    I do love window seats, I even have one. These gave me some good pillow-in-the-window-seat ideas. Thanks!
    Have a good week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,
    I love window seats, too! In fact I just posted my favorite window seat - the spot I like to claim with a stack of gardening books on a winter afternoon. Thanks for the lovely photo collection. I so enjoy your blog.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting in a spot like that will lead to Napping! :-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the neutral colors! I sometimes wish I had many homes and have every style I love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon

    You found some lovely examples. I love the beach house with the wicker chairs and the wrap around window seat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love window seats....I have never had one but would love to add one in my next house....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Window seats are coveted not just because of the promise and prospect of a lazy afternoon, but with its other functional uses as well. It can serve as good storage, a book case, a desk, or any other use that we can think of for a flat area. But, of course, what I love about it is that it could serve as our little corner to substitute for our bedroom. =)

    Regards,
    Ashlee Starns

    ReplyDelete