Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - O is for Outside



When it comes to creating a beautiful home, the outside deserves as much attention as the inside, and it is often a lot more difficult to achieve the desired results. Your have to contend with the elements, you have to deal with moles, aphids and suchlike, you have unhappy plants for no apparent reason, (very often when you have planted a symmetrical pair, the one dies, or just doesn't grow....why is that?), your lawn can look pristine and then overnight, your dogs decide to dig a crater in the middle of it! You also have to be extremely patient because it can take years to get the look you were going for. And then there is always something that needs to be fed, watered, clipped, repotted or pruned. I have great admiration for people who create a beautiful outside area ....in comparison, creating a beautiful interior is a breeze.
















Here's to all those fabulous gardeners out there who truly make our world a more beautiful place.
 
Till next time
 
Sharon x








4 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    What lovely images you've found. I love to work on and in my garden. The very list you mentioned about things going south for no apparent reason really hit home. I try to capture the spots in the yard that look good to remind myself what the hard work is for, because a month from now it can look like I've not done a lick of work. :-)
    Once again, such a fun post in your series.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, just gorgeous images...we had such a brutal winter with record freezing temps and I lost most of my hydrangeas and the ivy looks completely brown...it is coming back. Yes these fleeting images of the beauty in corners and not so much in others is what makes gardening so exhilarating as well as heartbreaking ! Hope to post something on my garden soon, N.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sharon, I love all those images you have posted. I can relate to what you say. We have been growing lavender for several years, it was looking really good this year until our daft dog gets a little giddy and jumps right in the middle of it, it now has a bit of a hole! C'est la vie! It will grow again.Much love to you, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog.

    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual
    appearance. I must say you've done a very good job with this.

    In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Firefox.
    Excellent Blog!

    Check out my web-site - goji berry

    ReplyDelete