Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Photography, Cushions and a Giveway



I know you are all dying to know how my photography course is going .... let's just say my brain hasn't had to work this hard since 1st year Maths at UCT in 1982! But the basics are slowly being absorbed. We have been given some homework  projects to do so this morning I was up early and went out and about, armed with my camera to take advantage of the early morning light. I felt like quite a cool, hip and happening photographer type, lining up artistic shots at interesting angles, but then I got home and had to make the bed, unpack the dishwasher and hang out the laundry. All hip and happening illusions were swiftly dispelled! I'm sure real photographer types would have gone to a cool coffee shop and hung out with interesting and creative people and discussed the merits of their photos. C'est la vie. My next project is to take photographs of urban scenes at dusk, so if you see me lurking on dim street corners - don't get the wrong idea.

http://licensing.artpartner.com/CorexDoc/AP0/Media/TR14/9/a/9/1/AP024125.jpg 

 You might remember that I bought some of my photography accessories online and also did quite a bit of my Christmas shopping online last year, or "on the line" to quote Vince Vaughn. I feel that I am becoming quite good at it, although I don't think my husband agrees that this is a skill to be nurtured! I definitely find it a lot less stressful than trudging around a shopping mall, especially if I have a few disgruntled children in tow. 

Which would you choose......
 

I have mentioned NetDécor before - one of my favourite online shops and during the holidays. I was lucky enough to meet the owner, Miranda Reeder, for a coffee. It was like meeting a long-lost friend. She is so friendly and bubbly and full of life. We talked non-stop for about 2 hours.

Miranda Reeder
NetDécor has a great range of home decor accessories and they have recently introduced  fabulous scatter cushions, a few of which I have my eye on! What an easy way to give your decor a bit of a boost.

 
NetDécor has a permanent link on my sidebar so whenever you are visiting my blog, just nip across to see what's new on offer.

Whatever your decorating style, believe me when I say this ....
 "t h e r e   i s   a l w a y s   r  o o m   i n   y o u r   l i f e    f o r   o n e
 m o r e     s c a t t e r     c u s  h i o n"
I know this is quite a profound statement so feel free to quote me.



http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzl65ozFT71qhy9iy.jpg



https://cdn.decorpad.com/photos/2010/08/15/80391185fb8a.png




Now onto my GIVEAWAY.......

I have....not 1.....not 2.... but....

10 Double tickets to the
Johannesburg Homemakers Expo
 to give away.

Valued at R100 each

 


Some of what you can expect at the Fair....

BUILDERS GET-IT DONE ARENA AND THEATRE
The Builders DIY Theatre extends their presence at the show this year with their very own Get-it Done arena. The arena is an extension to the very popular theatre. You can shop for specific DIY tools and accessories to get your DIY projects done now. Enjoy mini products demonstrations in this area and at the same time look out for amazing specials.

INSPIRE CREATE INNOVATE WALL
The first must visit element is the HOMEMAKERS interactive wall where you (and the kids) can touch, feel, colour and play around on a magnificently designed platform.

THE 947 BOXES
The 947 Boxes challenge is a design challenge with a twist. Hosted in collaboration with 947 FM, the challenge takes place within the parameters of two good old fashioned shipping containers. DJ's Darren Simpson (Breakfast Xpress) and Anele Mdoda (Afternoon Drive) are battling it out in this decorate the box banter . Come and vote for your favourite. Two lucky winners will each walk away with the R100 000 plus worth of content!

CLEVER CUTS

In collaboration with the University of Johannesburgs Industrial Design students and supported by the three brands: Festool, Makita and Black and Decker. See how Joburg's youngest talents move around mowers in their high-tech designs. In this innovative competition we challenged the students to show us their take on a rechargeable lawnmower. HOMEMAKERS supports young designers.

LIVE BY DESIGN 
This is a brand new curated area to the show. Feast your eyes on the hand-picked collections of décor and home improvement goods.

WHEN AND WHERE
25 - 28 February 2016
Ticketpro Dome
Thursday and Friday 10:00 - 19:00
Saturday and Sunday 09:00 - 18:00



 
 All you need to do is either leave a comment telling me how much you love my blog  (make sure you include your email address), or email me at sharonlee@mweb.co.za.  Winners will be chosen by lucky draw and notified via email.
PS.  I was joking about the how much you love my blog thing, but I would love to learn a bit about my readers so anything you can tell me about yourselves and your interests would be appreciated.

https://image.freepik.com/free-photo/laptop-with-coffee-on-office-desk_426-19315250.jpg

I look forward to receiving your comments or emails.

Till next time

x Sharon



3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sharon,
    I always love reading your latest news! Don't enter me in the giveaway...I live in Southern California! :-)
    I always enjoy your words as well as your amazing images. Good luck with your photography classes. I've been promising myself I'd take a photography class but full-time work has given me an excuse (not a very valid one since I'm sure if I really wanted to make time, I would, but one day. I'd love to improve my skills in that area.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like Karen keep telling myself I need to take a photography class so I am so anxious to hear more about it. I would love to hear which equipment you purchased and which you think have been worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your photography class! I'm beginning a course this week. While I am so excited for it to begin I understand what you mean by everything there is for your "brain to absorb"! Feeling the same ;) Best. Alexis

    ReplyDelete